[ros-users] kinematics stack status ?

Konrad Banachowicz konradb3 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 18:28:00 UTC 2011

Hi,
I started to move our code for our robot kinematics to ROS.
I would like to know what is the stabilization status of kinematics stack,
because latst review happend nearly year ago.
I have some remarks and suggestions about kinematics stack :
- kinematics serwices use motion_planning_msgs/RobotState which contains
alot of unnecessary data.
- SolverInfo contains limits field which duplicate data avalible through
robot_description.
- pr2_kinematics contains many useful functions in
pr2_arm_kinematics_utils.cpp this could be moved to common package, maybe
kinematics_utils.

- common node for ik and ik_with_constraints should exist, using kinematics
plugins.
This would simplify implementation of kinematics for new robot.

Pozdrawiam
Konrad Banachowicz