[ros-users] xml2factor_walls spawn node

Nicolás Alvarez Picco nicolasapicco at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 08:20:45 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,

I am using the node xml2factor_walls from the gazebo pkg to spawn the walls of a map. The file ".model" is this:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<model:physical name="walls_model"
  xmlns:model="http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/gazebo/xmlschema/#model"
  xmlns:body="http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/gazebo/xmlschema/#body"
  xmlns:geom="http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/gazebo/xmlschema/#geom" >

  <static>true</static>
  <xyz>-16.5 -16.5 0 </xyz>
  <!--<xyz>10 10 0 </xyz>-->
    <geom:map name="walls_geom">
       <image>factory_map.png</image> <!-- for now this is in the gazebo model dir, change later-->
      <!--<image>bar_map_with_obstacles.png</image> -->
      <height>2</height>
      <threshold>200</threshold>
      <granularity>1</granularity>
      <negative>false</negative>
      <scale>0.08</scale>
      <offset>0 0 0</offset>
      <material>Gazebo/White</material>
    </geom:map>
</model:physical>

The thing is that I have to do same changes to make this map in gazebo to has the same size that the one I am having in rviz, for doing that I need to know exactly what each parameters means. I have check the gazebo project website, but I couldnt find it. Someones knows what are those parameters of the model file.
Thanks in advance.

Nicolas