[ros-users] Beginner needs help: ROS to control Dynamixel RX - 64 in Ubuntu 10.10 platform

Zac Arackakudy zacsuresh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 09:21:35 UTC 2011

Hey Everyone,

I am completely new to ROS. I used to control Dynamixel RX -64 using the
motion code I have written in visual C++ within windows platform. I recently
decided the embrace open source lifestyle and use Linux to run my robots. I
installed ROS and went through the tutorials briefly how to navigate among
the packages and how to create nodes and clients.

But I am still unable to understand how to control and run ros to move my
servos. Also how can I wrap ros around my previously written C code.

Sorry for asking such a silly question. I hope someone would be kind enough
to help me.

--
Best Regards,
Zac Suresh Arackakudyil

zac at mytum.de
Machinenwesen (Austausch)
Technishe Universität München

zacsuresh at nus.edu.sg
Mechanical Engineering Yr 3
Faculty of Engineering
National University of Singapore

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email, together with any attachment, is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed, and
may contain information that is legally privileged and confidential.