[ros-users] [dynamics_markers] joints using invalid "graph resource name" as their names

Ryohei Ueda ueda at jsk.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Jan 19 19:39:52 UTC 2011

I'm trying to use dynamics_markers to visualize the efforts of the
joints of my robots.
but I have a problem when I write a configuration yaml file for
dynamics_markers.

URDF spec does not mention on naming rule of joints,
but dynamics_markers expects that the names of joints are available as
graph resource name.

for example, i cannot use "SHOULDER-PITCH" joint for dynamics_markers.

is it possible to support the joints using invalid "graph resource
name" as their names?

thanks

-- ryohei