[ros-users] gmapping and navigation scenario issue

abhy abhy.12354 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 13:22:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

This is first time we are working on gmapping.

We have created two maps using gmapping.

We are using encoder and Hokuyo urg04 laser scanner.

Scenario 1: A single room with one sitting coach in between and down steps
at the corner.
http://www.4shared.com/file/R2l4Szou/map.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/R2l4Szou/map.html
map.pgm seems to be fine, but creating problems at the time of navigation.
1. If we start with navigation stack. It is not showing exact position of
the robot in the map. Also, orientation is different like, laser
pi,hysically is pointing at somewhere and in rviz it shows in some other
direction along with the robot. (Orientation changes). I am using AMCL for
localization and static map for server.
2. It shows pose array only if i click on set pose manually in the rviz.
3. It is not getting the goal properly and while approaching it starts stops
sometimes, not goes continuous and then take self turns.

Are we doing something wrong?

Scenario 2: A single room (small in size) lab room. computers at one end and
opening door in opposite direction.
http://www.4shared.com/file/ZzR98Xpy/map4.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/ZzR98Xpy/map4.html
map.4.pgm: It is not being generated properly. Whenever we rotate the robot
it creates scenarios accordingly and finally created overlapped map.
Is there any specific instructions to be followed while mapping? Or any
parameter to set to not to overlap?

Abhy.