[ros-users] Retrieving Odometry Information from p2os

intern00 phillip.massey at nist.gov
Thu Jan 20 17:32:43 UTC 2011

Hello,

I recently started using ROS and am very new to the system. I have set up
the p2os system, base computer and robot (using a P3AT), and can get full
readings from the p2os dashboard and can control the robot using the
keyboard teleoperation.

However, I am having difficulties retrieving odometry information from my
robot. I have read through the tutorials do to this from the navigation
stack (http://www.ros.org/wiki/navigation/Tutorials/RobotSetup/Odom), but am
confused as to how to implement this with p2os, or if I even should at all.

Any advice would be most appreciated.