[ros-users] Underlinking in urdf on trunk?

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 07:04:34 UTC 2011

I just tried to compile urdf from trunk on ubuntu maverick and got some
undefined references to zlib functions.

/usr/bin/ld: /opt/rocos/robot_model/colladadom/lib/libminizip.so: error:
undefined reference to 'deflate'

I'm not exactly sure of the root cause here yet - obviously getting
underlinked somewhere, but who the culprit is beats me. It fixes if I add
-lz to the target_link_libraries in urdf/CMakeLists.txt, e.g.

rosbuild_add_executable(check_urdf src/check_urdf.cpp)
target_link_libraries(check_urdf -lz ${PROJECT_NAME})

rosbuild_add_executable(urdf_to_graphiz src/urdf_to_graphiz.cpp)
target_link_libraries(urdf_to_graphiz -lz ${PROJECT_NAME})

rosbuild_add_executable(mem_test test/memtest.cpp)
target_link_libraries(mem_test -lz ${PROJECT_NAME})

Anyway have some ideas on this before I chase my tail for a few hours?

Regards,
Daniel.