[ros-users] Map building manually

abhy abhy.12354 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 14:02:08 UTC 2011

Hello,

 I know this question is not worth to ask, but just wanted to check by any
chance someone has implemented scenario like below.

What we observed with our robot is that, making map using joystick is little
difficult since joystick is so much sensitive which makes improper map. So,
we actually moved(pushed) robot from back by hands and guided it to build a
map. This way it built very good map.

We want to know if anybody has created map like this? :-) if so then, did
you observe any problems further?
Is this a right method to build a map?

-Abhy