[ros-users] How to restore "package" status of a copied directory

Alex Brown rbirac at cox.net
Tue Jan 25 18:17:54 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I’m a newbie, please take pity if this is a dumb question.

I developed a package on my desktop computer with cturtle and ubuntu 10.10.  It did a “rosmake” just fine and executed properly.

I copied the package folder to my robot’s laptop and installed it in the same location.  Everything looks the same and the executables ran properly out of the bin directory.

But when I make a minor code change and attempt to do “rosmake”, it tells me “….And current directory ‘Leaf_IO’ is not a package name or stack name.”.   Well, it is on my desktop.

So, is there a trick to get ROS to recognize this as a package again?  or do I get to build the package from scratch?

Thanks,
Alex