[ros-users] How to get contacts?

Erik Berglund erik.berglund at oru.se
Wed Jan 26 14:37:41 UTC 2011

Hi,
first of all, I apologise if this is a trivial question, I'm a complete
beginner with regards to ROS.
I've searched the mailing list archives and the documentation without
finding the answer.

Here's my question:
How do I get the contacts between objects from Gazebo using ROS?

I've got a vanilla ROS install on Ubuntu 10.10, and on top of that I'm
running the Shadow Robot ROS interface:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sr-ros-interface/+faq/1206

I know there's a physics simulation running, because the hand collides with
objects and I can switch on rendering of contacts.

Is there a simple way to get the contact points between objects?

Regards,
Erik Berglund