[ros-users] Sicklms scan missed

laura galindez laurago894 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:44:11 UTC 2011

Hello ROS users:

I am using the sicktoolbox_wrapper to interface with the SICKlms200 lidar.
When I run the node, the terminal indicates that the data stream has started
but seconds later the following warning message is displayed over and over
again:

*A scan was probably missed. The last scan was 0.10704 seconds ago. sicklms*

In spite of this, I can still successfully see the readings of the lidar in
rviz. The only trouble I have is that gmapping isn't working properly, I
don't know if this warning from the sicklms node has something to do.

I have already verifed that slam_gmapping is making the transform between
/odom and /map. And I have a configuration for the transforms
/odom->base_link->laser

The message displayed by gmapping is the following:
*
ros Dropped 100.00% of messages so far. Please turn the
[ros.gmapping.message_notifier] rosconsole logger to DEBUG for more
information.*

I would really appreciate some help.

Kind regards!

Laura Isabel Galíndez Olascoaga