[ros-users] Gazebo model joint start pose?

Andy Somerville andy.somerville at resquared.com
Fri Jan 28 20:31:00 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to start up my robot model in Gazebo with a certain start
pose for all of the joints. Changing the pose in the URDF changes the
reference frame of the joints which is counter to what I want to do.

Is there a (preferred/correct) way to pose the joints without either
changing their reference frames or, applying wrenches to them and
moving them into place?

My only thought was to perhaps try set_link_state, but it doesn't
really make sense as using that would require gazebo to do inverse
kinematics to make it work.

Any thoughts?

     Andy