[ros-users] Unable to do new release with trunk of ros_release

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Tue Jan 4 20:05:49 UTC 2011

The 'ros' stack is a required dependency of all stacks so that they
bootstrap correctly.  The 'ros_comm' stack is a required dependency of
all stacks that use messages, though this is more difficult for the
system to detect.  It is the case that the ros_comm->ros link is
transitive, but the release tool is not smart enough to detect this.
You could hack the release scripts, but it's probably easier to add
the 'ros' stack depend.

 - Ken