[ros-users] Unable to do new release with trunk of ros_release

Ruben Smits ruben.smits at mech.kuleuven.be
Tue Jan 4 20:30:49 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 04 January 2011 21:05:49 Ken Conley wrote:
> The 'ros' stack is a required dependency of all stacks so that they
> bootstrap correctly.  The 'ros_comm' stack is a required dependency of
> all stacks that use messages, though this is more difficult for the
> system to detect.  It is the case that the ros_comm->ros link is
> transitive, but the release tool is not smart enough to detect this.
> You could hack the release scripts, but it's probably easier to add
> the 'ros' stack depend.

I got a little further now but bumped into a new error:

svn mkdir --parents -m creating new tarball directory
https://code.ros.org/svn/release/download/stacks/orocos_toolchain_ros/orocos_toolchain_ros-0.1.9
svn: OPTIONS of
'https://code.ros.org/svn/release/download/stacks/orocos_toolchain_ros/orocos_toolchain_ros-0.1.9':
could not connect to server (https://code.ros.org)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/rsmits/ros/ros_release/release/scripts/create.py", line 601, in
<module>
    main()
  File "/home/rsmits/ros/ros_release/release/scripts/create.py", line 484, in
main
    copy_to_server(name, version, tarball, control)
  File "/home/rsmits/ros/ros_release/release/scripts/create.py", line 188, in
copy_to_server
    check_call(cmd)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 488, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['svn', 'mkdir', '--parents', '-m',
'creating new tarball directory',
'https://code.ros.org/svn/release/download/stacks/orocos_toolchain_ros/orocos_toolchain_ros-0.1.9']'
returned non-zero exit status 1

Again, I've no idea why this one pops up.

Ruben