[ros-users] Wifi communication getting slow

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 17:06:05 UTC 2011

I setup a little robot using a roomba and a hokuyo lrf to do the gmapping
slam, I did not use amcl at all.  You can examine my launch files and config
files on github to see what I did.

https://github.com/wjwwood/sparcexplorer/blob/master/stacks/sparcexplorer/sparcexplorer_launch/launch/exploration.launch

If I wanted to have gmapping run on my laptop (if say the robot's computer
was too slow) I would just comment it out of the exploration launch file and
run it manually on my laptop instead.

I am also using Bosch's exploration node so the robot drives itself around
exploring the area. (http://www.ros.org/wiki/exploration)

When I was first experimenting with the nav stack I got the same turning in
place behavior, it was because the point you selected as a goal is off the
map, which is probably the case because you have the map misconfigured or
something similar.  I think if you get your move_base setup working
correctly you'll find this behavior might away.

Hope that helps,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University