[ros-users] How to created a local Planner

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Wed Jan 5 17:51:43 UTC 2011

Zhiping,

If you want to implement a custom local planner for navigation, you'll have
do do a couple of things:

1) Make sure that your planner adheres to the nav_core::BaseLocalPlanner
interface here http://www.ros.org/wiki/nav_core#BaseLocalPlanner
<http://www.ros.org/wiki/nav_core#BaseLocalPlanner>2) Make sure to register
your planner as a plugin for the navigation stack. You can use the
base_local_planner package as an example and find general documentation on
pluginlib here: http://www.ros.org/wiki/pluginlib
<http://www.ros.org/wiki/pluginlib>3) Change the base_local_planner
parameter of move_base, documented here
http://www.ros.org/wiki/move_base#Parameters, to point to your new planner.