[ros-users] Wifi communication getting slow

Cedric Pradalier cedric.pradalier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 16:36:58 UTC 2011

Hello Josh,

While trying to reproduce the delay build-up, I checked that the
behaviour you described is the one I observe, as long as my message
queue is positive.

However, I could reproduce the behaviour when the message queue is zero:
   ros::Subscriber sub = n.subscribe("chatter", 0, chatterCallback);

What is the intended behaviour in this case? I might have thought that
zero would disable the queue when I wrote the code earlier...
I guess the subscribe functions should document the semantic or flag
an error if the value is invalid.

Find my test programs attached. I'm postponing filing a ticket until I
understand if there is a mistake somewhere else than in my code :)

Best.