[ros-users] rviz with MarkerArray

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Sun Jan 9 22:26:06 UTC 2011

Ross,
Can you explain a little more about what your setup is?  I notice that
neither of your md5sums match with the ones on my system.  Do you have local
changes?

Also from the plugin topic menu I see.
{{{
visualization_msgs::Marker topic to subscribe to. _array will also
automatically be subscribed with type visualization_msgs::MarkerArray.
}}}
This might take care of your problem.

Tully

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 6:08 AM, Ross A Knepper <rak at ri.cmu.edu> wrote:

> The documentation for rviz states that you can display "Markers" topics,
> of either type visualization_msgs/Marker or type
> visualization_msgs/MarkerArray.  However, when I try to display a topic
> containing the latter, I get an error that suggests that rviz only
> supports the former:
>
> [ERROR] [1294492486.023123523]: Client [/rviz_1294492459278907231] wants
> topic /podMarkers to have datatype/md5sum
> [visualization_msgs/Marker/228d1b04f55d36e1f26bac3cbb43a616], but our
> version has
> [visualization_msgs/MarkerArray/97a0324c833ce13a630cfa35b6bbe3b1]. Dropping
> connection.
>
> I tried rebuilding everything in case there was a versioning problem, but
> the error persists.  Any idea what I can do to make it work besides
> sending out a whole bunch of separate Marker messages?
>
> Thanks ...
>
>  -ross

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer