[ros-users] ROS driver supporting Sparkfun IMU

abhy abhy.12354 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 11:01:25 UTC 2011

Thank you for your kind help.

We will try sparkfun 9d razor IMU, since it is already tested by Adam and
drivers are available in ROS
We are going to combine IMU and ODOMETRY using EKF message.

I would like to know if my process is right or not?
I have an Intel ATOM board having serial port free so i will connect
sparkfun 9d razor IMU serially to this board; so as Linux can detect the
device and rest of the part can be handled by Drivers in combination with
EKF.
But, I am here bit concern about the performance of CPU since entire stack,
motors and Hokuyo 2D range finder are connected to the same board.
By any chance, do you have any idea about how much cpu usage will be
required for running sparkfun 9d razor IMU?
My configuration is: 2 GB RAM,  Itom processor N270 1.60 GHz

Regarding the links what William suggested are really useful. It is really
good for me to have an additional option available.

Thanks,
Abhy