[ros-users] swissranger_camera package not found

blueskin blueskin.neo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:41:01 UTC 2011

Hello Tully,

Thank you for your response.
So as you said I tried installing from the source by following instructions
@
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials/StackInstallation
Had some problems but found a way to fix em and got the package installed.

But when I run the following
roslaunch cob_camera_sensors tof_ros.launch I get:

	1865]: camera calibration URL:
file:////opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/cob_driver/cob_camera_sensors/ros/launch/tof_cob3-1_right.yaml
	[ WARN] [1294763575.359267446]: [camera] does not match name tof in file
//opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/cob_driver/cob_camera_sensors/ros/launch/tof_cob3-1_right.yaml
	usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 255 (on)
	usb_os_find_busses: Found 008
	usb_os_find_busses: Found 007
	usb_os_find_busses: Found 006
	usb_os_find_busses: Found 005
	usb_os_find_busses: Found 004
	usb_os_find_busses: Found 003
	usb_os_find_busses: Found 002
	usb_os_find_busses: Found 001
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 002 on 008
	skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 008
	error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 002 on 007
	skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 007
	error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 006
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 005
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 004
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 003
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 005 on 002
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 002 on 002
	skipping descriptor 0x21
	skipped 1 class/vendor specific endpoint descriptors
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 002
	error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
	usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 001
	usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 0 (off)
	[ERROR] [1294763621.637601782]: Exception thrown while connecting to the
camera: [SR::open]: Failed to open device!

Trying to figure out what's wrong. Let me know if you have any suggestions
on this. Thank you again.

-CV