[ros-users] human approach

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Tue Jan 11 17:31:57 UTC 2011

Nikos,

If you don't care whether or not the robot avoids obstacles, you can just
send velocity commands directly to the robot. If you do care about avoiding
obstacles, and you want control of what velocity commands get sent to the
base, you can instantiate a TrajetoryPlannerROS object within your code and
use the "checkTrajectory" function (
http://www.ros.org/doc/api/base_local_planner/html/classbase__local__planner_1_1TrajectoryPlannerROS.html#a9155bebb3d073ae4b19b8d0da87478a6)
to decide whether or not that velocity command is legal. Then, you can
either send it on to the base, or decide to stop.

Hope this helps,

Eitan