[ros-users] Problem with canonical_scan_matcher

Zhiping TANZ0066 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Wed Jan 12 11:41:14 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

Thanks for the useful feedback. Sorry for taking so long to reply. I tried
to apply these following parameter settings and obtained slight improvement
to the system. But nonetheless, the x-axis and y-axis still increase slowly
from the zero axis although the robot remained stationary throughout the
whole experiment.

In this experiment, we found that the present of the gyro is necessary to
remove the dynamics obstacles in the environment as the Pose2D's result is
immune to the movement from the environment with the cross reference from
the gyro

parameter
max_correspondence_dis = 0.01
orientation_neighbourhood = 0.01