[ros-users] socket-related error

Michael Krainin mkrainin at cs.washington.edu
Thu Jan 13 21:41:20 UTC 2011

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks!
-Mike

Author: Ken Conley
Date: 2011-01-12 22:31 -800
To: User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] socket-related error
Thanks for sending that along. It appears that a bug I had in cturtle
is preventing me from seeing the relevant message, but I have some
hypotheses.

I tested the attached patch on my diamondback branch, it should work
in cturtle as well. It changes the very end of
rosib/src/roslib/xmlrpc.py. This logic should have the serve_forever
re-enter on interrupted calls. Because the cturtle code has the
(non)-logging bug, I also threw in a commented out
traceback.print_exc(). If you find that the patch isn't working, then
uncommenting that traceback would hopefully reveal the true cause.

If this patch works, let me know and I'll integrate it.

cheers,
Ken