[ros-users] Request for Clue: OSX-specific linker flags, dependency resolution

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 04:35:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Nicholas Butko <nbutko at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to compile coriander, but it looks like I
> may need some dependencies and it may take a while to compile them.
> In the meantime, how's your french? The coriander website has a link to a
> whole page devoted to iSight, but it is in French =(
> http://www.aqra.ca/article.php3?id_article=66
>
> Google
> translation: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aqra.ca%2Farticle.php3%3Fid_article%3D66&act=url
> Note that the bash script is not translated well, but is perfectly visible
> in the original french page.
> I'm not sure if this gives you the information you (and I) require.

If coriander is hard to build on OSX, just experiment with camera1394
settings using dynamic reconfigure:

 $ rosrun dynamic_reconfigure reconfigure_gui

You should be able to try various driver options that way (by
selecting camera1394_node in the GUI).

>From the information you posted, it looks like 640x480_mono8 should
work with your camera, however.

Maybe someone else has experience using this camera with libdc1394?
--
 joq