[ros-users] how to use kinect_pcl in C++ project

Radu Bogdan Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Fri Jan 14 06:03:03 UTC 2011

CV,

If you're interested in PCL, please join us on pcl-users at code.ros.org for discussions. As Raphael mentioned, you can
either use the node driver or the nodelet driver, depending on what sort of application you're looking at building.

We haven't spent a lot of time to document kinect_pcl, as we transitioned to the openni driver, which supports both the
PrimeSense reference design (and hopefully the new Asus cameras that will come on the market) and the Microsoft Kinect.

For PCL 0.8, we're looking at better documentation for nodelet launch files, as well as some proper demos with the
Kinect. We just haven't had time to do that yet, as we're busy with a lot of other stuff. Contributions welcome ;)

Cheers,
Radu.
--
http://pointclouds.org