[ros-users] GazeboRosF3D plugin

John Hsu johnhsu at willowgarage.com
Fri Jan 14 06:25:23 UTC 2011

Hi Andrew,

You are correct that applied forces are only "external user applied forces",
and does not include any reaction or constraint holding forces based on
physics (LCP result).  To implement what you have described (force&torque
sensor), I think you can obtain that information by summing up external
forces (gazebo_ros_f3d)
and the constraint forces provided by joints:
dJointFeedback *ODEJoint::GetFeedback().

does that sound about right?
John