[ros-users] octomap

Raphael Favier raphael.favier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 15:53:46 UTC 2011

Hello Armin,

I just checked out the octomap_mapping repository (@
http://alufr-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/octomap_mapping)
but I cannot find the new interface you are speaking about
( insertScan(const PointCloud&pc, const pose6d originPose, double
maxrange=-1, bool pruning = true) ).

It does not appear in the doc generated in the build directory.
If I run "less *.* | grep "insertScan" in
<directory>/octomap_mapping/octomap/build/octomap-svn/src/octomap, I only
see the old interfaces :
void insertScan(const ScanNode& scan, double maxrange=-1., bool pruning =
true);
and
void insertScanUniform(const ScanNode& scan, double maxrange=-1.);

Here is my trace of less *.* | grep "insertScan :

raph at DTI-PC030:~/rosnodes/octomap_mapping/octomap/build/octomap-svn/src/octomap$
less *.* | grep "insertScan"
   *       the sensor model only. Do not use, e.g., insertScan.
    tree->insertScan(**scan_it, maxrange, false);
  void OcTree::insertScan(const ScanNode& scan, double maxrange, bool
pruning) {
      this->insertScanUniform(scan, maxrange);
  void OcTree::insertScanUniform(const ScanNode& scan, double maxrange) {
    void insertScan(const ScanNode& scan, double maxrange=-1., bool pruning
= true);
    /// Helper for insertScan (internal use)
    void insertScanUniform(const ScanNode& scan, double maxrange=-1.);

Did I check out from the wrong repository?
Sorry if it is a stupid mistake from me.

Raph