[ros-users] octomap

Armin Hornung HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 14 17:09:31 UTC 2011

Hi Raphael,
> I just checked out the octomap_mapping repository (@
> http://alufr-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/octomap_mapping)
> but I cannot find the new interface you are speaking about
> ( insertScan(const PointCloud&pc, const pose6d originPose, double
> maxrange=-1, bool pruning = true) ).
[...]
> Did I check out from the wrong repository?
> Sorry if it is a stupid mistake from me.
It's a little confusing setup of repositories and maybe I wasn't clear,
sorry. OctoMap as ROS-independent library is available at Sourceforge
(http://octomap.sf.net/) from its own SVN-repository. I was referring to
the trunk there for the latest changes.

"alufr-ros-pkg" is Freiburg's ROS-repository which contains the
ROS-integration of OctoMap in the octomap_mapping stack. The "octomap"
package there wraps the OctoMap library by checking out a certain
release. So if you run "rosmake octomap", a stable release of OctoMap
will be checked out, built, and provided to your ROS environment. If you
want to change to the changes in octomap I mentioned, open
octomap_mapping/octomap/Makefile and change "SVN_REVISION = -r154" to
"SVN_REVISION = -r161". If you clear that parameter completely, you will
switch to the latest version in "trunk". You will need to run "make wipe
&& make" to force the checkout of a new revision.

Hope that helps,
Armin

--
Armin Hornung
Humanoid Robots Lab, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg