[ros-users] rviz Maximum Map Size

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 18:58:36 UTC 2011

Mike,

I just loaded your map up with the map_server and viewed it in RViz. No
segfault. Can you give us some details on your computer (for example,
available RAM, GPU, OS, ROS install method, etc)? Are you also displaying a
lot of other data in RViz at the same time or does it still happen with just
the map?

Also, a backtrace would be helpful. To do that, you'll need to launch rviz
with gdb. To do that, run the following: 'roscd rviz', 'gdb bin/rviz' and
type 'run' in the gdb prompt. When rviz segfaults, head back to the gdb
prompt and type 'bt'. Then save that output and attach/paste it here so that
we can get more clues as to exactly where/why rviz is segfaulting.

- Eric