[ros-users] dynamic_reconfigure in cturtle stuck

Tomas Vanderka tomas_vanderka at tempest.sk
Mon Jan 17 19:29:17 UTC 2011

The topics are all fine, i can even do rostopic echo on them. Both gui
and dynparam are not working. When running "dynparam get" from Ubuntu
against server running on Fedora it works fine, so it's something on the
client side.

I did a complete reinstall of both cturtle and unstable from svn and
tried it again, with the same result.

I somehow got dynparam get ... to work once, but i'm not sure what i
did, next time i tried it, it got stuck as usual. I tried to run
gdb/strace on it and it looks deadlocked waiting on semaphore. I also
looked through logs and it seems dead just before subscribing to
/dynamic_reconfigure_test_server/parameter_updates. Maybe python2.7 in
fedora 14 has something to do with that? The client never gets
subscribed > never gets parameter_updates msg > waits forever. Any
suggestions how I can debug it further?

The other thing I noticed is that roscore does not run without network
up (with only 127.0.0.1 active), it complains that it can't "find an
AF_INET address for kujon" even tho i can ping it and have it defined in
/etc/hosts as 127.0.0.1.

v.