[ros-users] rviz navigation tutorial

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 21:08:37 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:56 PM, cristobal.vio <cristobal.vio at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks, Eric
>
> I remapped the topic /pose to /odom and the nodes p2os and move_base where
> connected thereby, but still the particles wouldn't appear. No messages
> where published by amcl in the /particlecloud topic.
>
> Here are the two launchfiles used to run the nodes.
>
> robot_conf.launch:
>
> <launch>
>  <node pkg="hokuyo_node" type="hokuyo_node" name="laser" output="screen">
>

>  </node>
>
>  <node pkg="p2os_driver" type="p2os" name="p2os" output="screen">
>                <remap from="/pose" to="/odom"/>
>  </node>
>
>  <node pkg="pioneer_tf" type="pioneer_tf"
> name="configuracion_de_transformada" output="screen">
>  </node>
> </launch>
>

> where "configuracion_de_transformada" is the tf from the base_link to the
> laser
>
> move_base.launch:
>
> <launch>
>  <master auto="start"/>
>
>  <!-- Run the map server -->
>  <node name="map_server" pkg="map_server" type="map_server" args="$(find
> mapas)/detalle_mapa_01.pgm 0.05"/>

Any reason you don't load up a map.yaml file here instead? I've not used
map_server like this, so I'm not sure what the defaults are in this
configuration.

>  <!--- Run AMCL -->
>  <include file="$(find amcl)/examples/amcl_diff.launch" />
>
>  <node pkg="move_base" type="move_base" respawn="false" name="move_base"
> output="screen">
>    <rosparam file="$(find bender_nav_p2os)/costmap_common_params.yaml"
> command="load" ns="global_costmap" />
>    <rosparam file="$(find bender_nav_p2os)/costmap_common_params.yaml"
> command="load" ns="local_costmap" />
>    <rosparam file="$(find bender_nav_p2os)/local_costmap_params.yaml"
> command="load" />
>    <rosparam file="$(find bender_nav_p2os)/global_costmap_params.yaml"
> command="load" />
>    <rosparam file="$(find bender_nav_p2os)/base_local_planner_params.yaml"
> command="load" />
>  </node>
> </launch>
>
> So I launch the previous 2 launchfiles and then I run rviz.

Does AMCL output anything on /particlecloud if you just start moving the
robot around without initializing it's position first? And /initialpose will
not work quite as expected if the fixed frame in rviz is set to anything but
/map. Make sure that the fixed frame in rviz is /map.

- Eric