[ros-users] gmapping and navigation scenario issue

abhy abhy.12354 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 04:16:19 UTC 2011

Thanks Chris.

Sorry for the less information from my side. We are not running AMCL and
gmaaping together. We are providing static map to the navigation stack first
and then while navigating we are running AMCL.

As you suggested we are already following the tutorial. Regarding estimated
position, yes, we are not giving it purposely in AMCL since we want robot to
spread large number of particles and robot should be driven at some distance
to collect the observation and fix the position.

Yes, you are right turning is due to clearing the space and trying to
regenerate plan but in our case, it is failed to complete the target even it
is very close to the robot. It is drawing a path properly(as seen in rviz.)
but not able walk on the path.

Any suggestion for scenario 2? or what improvement is expected in scenario
1?

Abhy