[ros-users] bash specific functionality removed from setup.sh into setup.bash

Bill Morris morris at ee.ccny.cuny.edu
Fri Jan 21 06:03:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 17:40 -0800, Tully Foote wrote:

>         Add 'source /somepath/setup.bash' to your ~/.bashrc if you are
>         using
>         bash shell
>         add 'source /somepath/setup.zsh' to your ~/.tzrc if you are
>         using zsh
>         shell (or whatever the config file is named...)
>
>         Or, given that you can find which shell is being used, just
>         print the
>         relevant setup suffix...
>
> Thanks, i missed that. Ticketed
> https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/3264
>
> Tully

http://www.ros.org/wiki/unstable/Installation/rosinstall

I tried to fix the documentation here but I'm not sure how to handle the
generic case. If you are actually using Bourne Shell on AIX or something
you will probably have a .shrc file. However, Dash on Ubuntu doesn't
use .shrc but it does load .profile.