[ros-users] [planning_environment] getting all the contact locations at the current arm configuration

Gil Jones gjones at willowgarage.com
Fri Jan 21 17:31:02 UTC 2011

Advait,

It's true that the service returns a vector of contact information, and you
can ask it for more contacts by changing the parameter
"contacts_to_compute_for_display" in the environment server.  Unfortunately,
this still doesn't do what you want it to - it will return to you an
arbitrary set of contacts on the first link to be found in collision, not a
contact or set of contacts for each link found to be in collision.  The only
way to get something like the desired functionality in the current system is
the following: repeatedly make calls to getStateValidity.  Whenever a link
is found to be in collision, add an OrderedCollisionOperation to your
request that disables collisions between that link and "all", and continue
until no collisions are reported.  This should give you the full set of
links in collision in a given state.

-Gil

--
E. Gil Jones (gjones at willowgarage.com)