[ros-users] Problem with Sparkfun IMU 9D Razor AVR Driver

Adam Stambler adasta at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 18:39:26 UTC 2011

Hi Will,

I am not sure what is causing your programming difficulty.  The Sparkfun 9D
razor imu <http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9623> should be programed with
an arduino bootloader.   Your settings are correct for programming it..

The only things that I can think of are that your device is not showing up
as /dev/ttyUSB0 or its not being properly reset by your avrdude. When
avrdude starts to program, it tells the ftdi to reset the avr chip and then
starts communicating with the bootloader.  Sometimes, avrdude seems to fail
to reset the device.  You can try pressing the reset button on the board
right before you tell avrdude to program it.

Another thing you should try as a sanity check is reprogramming it
with the default
firmware <https://github.com/a1ronzo/SparkFun-9DOF-Razor-IMU-Test-Firmware>or
the AHRS
firmware <http://code.google.com/p/sf9domahrs/source/list> with the arduino