[ros-users] TCPROS Header Fields

Jenkins, Odest Chadwicke odest_jenkins at brown.edu
Thu Jan 27 16:33:44 UTC 2011

Is it possible to interpret the header fields without using rospy?  My
interpretation of the original question was that xmlrpclib was being
used outside of rospy and ROS build environment for custom code that
can interpret ROS messaging.  Even if my interpretation is off, it
would still be very interesting to have a description of how to write
code for sending and interpreting valid ROS messages...  Maybe even a
protocol specification for interoperating with ROS?  This could be
helpful for people trying to use ROS with Windows, embedded systems,
etc.

-Chad