[ros-users] finding the right package to apt-get when rosmake complains

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Thu Jan 27 21:43:51 UTC 2011

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately there's not much of a better way right now.  I might suggest
skipping directly to a wki search.  In most cases if you plug in a package
name the package itself is usually at the top.

This might be good on the FAQ http://www.ros.org/wiki/FAQ

Tully

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Patrick Bouffard <
bouffard at eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I just wrote a brief step-by-step for this (at least, this is what I
> do, maybe there's a better way) as part of the install tutorial for
> starmac-ros-pkg [1] but it occurs to me that this is generally
> applicable. Can someone suggest where this should go on the wiki?
>
> Cheers,
> Pat
>
> [1]
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/starmac_flyer/Tutorials/Installation#System_Dependencies