[ros-users] Using $(arg) substitution

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Sat Jan 29 06:08:16 UTC 2011

Hi Kartik,

When using <args>, every launch file must be self-contained -- i.e. it
has to declare any args that it uses.   I updated the roslaunch/XML
documentation to make this more explicit.

Thus, test2.launch:

<launch>
   <arg name="name" />
   <param name="param" value="$(arg name)"/>
</launch>

Hope this helps,
Ken