[ros-users] socket error

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Mon Jan 31 05:29:15 UTC 2011

Hi Arjun,

I would need the log file from your actual node instead.  The rosout
log file is just for the rosout node.  There should be a log file if
you "roscd log" and look for your node's name.

Regardless, the patch for xmlrpc.py is not relevant here, as this is a
different section of code.  The log file would hopefully provide more
detail as to whether the above error is the cause or just a symptom.
I haven't used rospy inside of openrave, so I'm not sure I can be of
much help, though I could think of ways to make the code more robust
to whatever the problem is.

 - Ken