[ros-users] socket error

Arjun akarjun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 17:08:58 UTC 2011

Hi Ken,
I got the ros core code from the ros1.2 branch again today and rebuilt it.
It has the code from the patch you sent me and I can also confirm that the
xmlrpc.py file does end with the code snippet from your email. The debug
message on the console output now has more information and so does the log
file for my rosnode. The console debug message for my node now says,

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/aarumbak/ros/ros/core/rospy/src/rospy/impl/tcpros_base.py",
line 141, in run
    (client_sock, client_addr) = self.server_sock.accept()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 197, in accept
    sock, addr = self._sock.accept()
socket.error: [Errno 4] Interrupted system call
[ERROR] 1296493143.981902: ERROR: error running XML-RPC server:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/aarumbak/ros/ros/core/rospy/src/rospy/impl/msnode.py", line
86, in run
    super(ROSNode, self).run()
  File "/home/aarumbak/ros/ros/core/roslib/src/roslib/xmlrpc.py", line 221,
in run
    self.server.serve_forever()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/SocketServer.py", line 224, in serve_forever
    r, w, e = select.select([self], [], [], poll_interval)
error: (4, 'Interrupted system call')

I have also attached the log files with this email. Thanks a lot!
-Arjun.