[ros-users] Instructions for NXT-ROS Bindings in tutorial are incorrect

Hatch, Jessica - 0665 - MITLL jessica.hatch at ll.mit.edu
Tue Jul 12 15:30:01 UTC 2011

Hello,
I'be been working with the NXT Lego Robotics and diamondback build of ROS.
I was following the tutorials on
http://www.ros.org/wiki/nxt_ros/Tutorials/Getting%20started

After getting repeated errors from the 'name' when I went to rosrun
robot.launch, and further digging into the API, I found that the correct
order for robot.yaml file is Type, Port, Frequency, Name and the Frame.
(From: http://www.ros.org/wiki/nxt_ros)
As opposed to what is listed in the tutorial.

Wanted to give a heads up for others trying the tutorial.

Sincerely,
Jessica

-- Jessica M. Hatch
Group 65