[ros-users] viewing COLLADA files in rviz

Armstrong-Crews, Nicholas - 0447 - MITLL nickarmstrongcrews at ll.mit.edu
Mon Jul 18 13:03:32 UTC 2011

Thanks Ryohei (and Rosen) for your suggestions - after re-compiling rviz/robot_model from trunk, I was able to see the Barrett hand COLLADA model in rviz.

Then I had our summer intern work furiously to make a COLLADA model of our robot, using Blender.  But it seems to only export COLLADA 1.4, and rviz/robot_model seems to only accept COLLADA 1.5.

Any advice on how to use my COLLADA 1.4 model in rviz/robot_model, or an export sequence that will get me from Blender to COLLADA 1.5?

Thanks!
-Nick

PS - I would attach the model itself, but I can't due to propriety of information...