[ros-users] bug in smach

Lorenzo Riano lorenzo.riano at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 16:15:17 UTC 2011

Folks,

I have found a very strange bug in smach. If I call sm.execute() from a
function I see the following output:

Exception RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a
Python object' in <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> ignored

This message is repeated several times. If I don't call execute from a
function (i.e. first scope in the script) then it does not happen. I have
googled the error and it looks like it is related to redefining __getattr__
.

The strangest part is that this happens with code that used to ran without
problems in the past. It does not happen with other state machine, only with
this in particular. I don't remember having done any update to python
recently.

Do you have any idea why this is happening and how to solve it?

Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Riano, PhD
Research Associate