[ros-users] Bumblebee_stereo

dianabel81 at gmail.com dianabel81 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:57:55 UTC 2011

Hi, I am sorry about my last message I know I wasn't as much specific as I
should be, now I will try to explain it better.

We have the bumbblebee XB3 BBX3-13S2C connected by firewire on a debian
squeeze box with ros installed using diamondback. I would like to obtain 3D
information (point cloud, stereo image and disparity map) using this
camera .

I have seen that the package ''bumblebee2'' provides the left and rigth
images and the disparity image, and the "bumblebee_stereo" package computes
disparity and point cloud from a pair of stereo images so I have tried them
both.

when I use coriander it works correctly. I have also installed camera1394
package, I type rosrun camera1394 camera1394_node and in other console I
type rosrun image_view image_view image:=camera/image_mono and it shows a
mono image obtained by the cam.

Everything is going ok until this moment, but the problems start when I try
the next packages:

bumblebee2 package
I type roslaunch bumblebee2 Bumblebee2.launch and I obtain this:

[error][1310052718.389426286]:segmentation fault, stopping camera.
segmentation fault stopping camera driver.

but this error appears several times and does not stop by itself

bumblebee_stereo package
by the other side I have installed the bumblebee_stereo package but when I
type roslaunch bumblebee_stereo bumblebee_stereo.launch I obtain this:

Checking log directory for disk usage. This may take awhile.
Press Ctrl-C to interrupt
Done checking log file disk usage. Usage is <1GB.

started roslaunch server http://sonar:53437/

SUMMARY
========

PARAMETERS
* /bumblebee_stereo/stereo_height
* /bumblebee/frame_id
* /rosdistro
* /bumblebee/exposure
* /bumblebee/calibration_path
* /bumblebee/video_mode
* /bumblebee_stereo/do_rectify
* /bumblebee_stereo/calibration_path
* /bumblebee/brightness
* /bumblebee/gain_auto
* /bumblebee/exposure_auto
* /bumblebee/brightness_auto
* /rosversion
* /bumblebee_stereo/do_keep_coords
* /bumblebee_stereo/do_stereo
* /bumblebee_stereo/stereo_width
* /bumblebee/gain
* /bumblebee/fps
* /bumblebee/videre_mode
* /bumblebee_stereo/do_calc_points

NODES
/
bumblebee (bumblebee1394/bumblebee1394)
bumblebee_stereo (bumblebee_stereo/bumblebee)

ROS_MASTER_URI=http://localhost:11311

core service [/rosout] found
process[bumblebee-1]: started with pid [3319]
process[bumblebee_stereo-2]: started with pid [3320]
[ INFO] [1310053198.109936223]: I'm keeping the image coordinates in the
point cloud
libdc1394 error: Generic failure: in dc1394_video_set_transmission
(control.c, line 953): Could not stop ISO transmission

libdc1394 warning: iso allocation not implemented yet for juju drivers,
using channel 0...
[ INFO] [1310053199.442858529]: Serial no: 8251014
[ INFO] [1310053199.443020916]: Writing calibration to file:
/srv/ros/bumblebee_stereo/config/8251014.cal
[ INFO] [1310053199.443835866]: Initialize triclops context from:
/srv/ros/bumblebee_stereo/config/8251014.cal

Do I have forgotten something that makes that the packages don't work?
what can i do?

Thanks in advance.