[ros-users] Arch Linux Installation Problem

Sebastian Schneider schneider at unibw.de
Fri Jul 8 13:45:10 UTC 2011

The package python-yaml installs the python3 version of yaml. I think,
there is a python2-yaml package in the repositories.

I used the following command to install the dependencies on my Arch system:

pacman -S python python2 cmake wget python2-yaml mercurial
python2-distribute subversion python-imaging python2-numpy boost pkg-config

For some reason I needed log4cxx as well, which you find in AUR:

yaourt -S log4cxx