[ros-users] best practice to install PCL in ROS

Ivan Dryanovski ivan.dryanovski at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 01:25:01 UTC 2011

> In addition we've also noticed lately Radu suggesting installing PCL
> standalone when users reported having problems with PCL in ROS - but
> that can then not be used in ROS right?

I would be interested in this too. I have been trying to use the
latest pcl standalone in conjunction with ROS for the last several
days without success. So far my approach has been to install PCL
(standalone) from svn, reformat my code so it doesn't depend on
pcl_ros, remove pcl and pcl_ros from my manifest.xml, and edit my
CMake file to link against the non-ROS pcl libraries.