[ros-users] Empty OpenCV 2.3 SVN repo

Ethan Rublee erublee at willowgarage.com
Sat Jul 16 22:10:28 UTC 2011

Carlos,
The   <rosdep name="opencv2.3"/> line in your manifest depends on ROS being
able to find a rosdep.yaml that defines what opencv2.3 means. This is
located in the vision_opencv stack.

Make sure that if you are developing against the unstable soon to be
E-turtle stack, you have the entire vision_opencv stack in your workspace.

A rosinstall file for this situation may look like:

- other: {local-name: /opt/ros/unstable/ros}
- other: {local-name: /opt/ros/unstable/stacks}
- svn: {local-name: vision_opencv, uri: '
https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/vision_opencv/trunk'}

Also keep in mind that the unstable version of vision_opencv is
not compatible with stacks in diamond back, and you may run into really
weird run-time issues if you are linking against libraries that are compiled
against the diamond back version of anything in vision_opencv.

Ethan