[ros-users] RViz on OS X

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 23:00:18 UTC 2011

My friends, John and Michael, and I have compiled a guide/troubleshooting
list for getting RViz (and other tools) working on OS X with the latest
diamondback from SVN.  I don't think there is any new information here, but
rather a survey of the common problems encountered.  The main idea is making
ROS build as 32-bit only and using +universal macports everywhere, this
comes from Dave's comment on this ticket:
https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/ticket/4788#comment:8

[image: RViz-on-OSX.png]

Additionally there are other patches and tricks listed in the
troubleshooting sections, all of which are ticketed and/or fixed in later
SVN revisions, so hopefully this guide won't even be necessary in the near
future, but for now I hope will help some people.

https://github.com/wjwwood/au-automow/wiki/Ros-osx-i386

If this seems useful enough to put on the ros.org wiki, I would be glad to
move it if someone would just point to the place.

Thanks,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University