[ros-users] std_msgs.msg._Header and diamond upgrade

Mike Purvis mpurvis at clearpathrobotics.com
Thu Jun 23 19:35:19 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I've got an older machine that was running cturtle, and just upgraded it to
diamondback, and I've been getting some very frustrating errors with our
rospy-based platform driver. Sample:

  File "/home/administrator/ros-clearpath/clearpath_base/src/data.py", line
108, in pkg_encoders
    msg = Encoders()
  File
"/home/administrator/ros-clearpath/clearpath_base/src/clearpath_base/msg/_Encoders.py",
line 64, in __init__
    self.header = std_msgs.msg._Header.Header()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '_Header'

It looks like diamond moved Header from roslib to std_msgs, and I made sure
to rosmake --pre-clean this package, but I still seem to be getting this
error. The manifest includes the std_msgs dependency.

My PYTHONPATH is /opt/ros/diamondback/ros/core/roslib/src:

My ROS_PACKAGE_PATH
is /opt/ros/diamondback/stacks:/home/administrator/ros-clearpath:/home/administrator/gps_umd

Can anyone see what could be the issue here? Thanks.