[ros-users] ROS debian packages available for Ubuntu Natty

Ruben Smits ruben.smits at mech.kuleuven.be
Mon Jun 6 07:16:47 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 01 June 2011 20:20:14 Ken Conley wrote:
> Debian packages for ROS Diamondback are now available for Ubuntu Natty
> Narwhal. We have updated the Diamondback installation instructions so
> that you can now apt-get install ROS on your new Natty machines.

I don't know about the rest of you, but for me the natty packages are not
available:

deb http://code.ros.org/packages/ros/ubuntu natty main

gives me:

Err http://code.ros.org natty/main amd64 Packages
  404  Not Found

And if I look at http://code.ros.org/packages/ros/ubuntu/dists/, I don't see
any natty subfolder.

> Thanks to all in the community who have helped up upgrade ROS to the
> latest versions of GCC, Python, and other changes that came with
> Natty. A special thanks goes to Vincent Rabaud, who did a tremendous
> effort to get most of the 140+ ROS Diamondback stacks compatible with
> the latest Ubuntu release.
>
> The majority of stacks in ROS Unstable are now also compatible with
> the Natty release.
>
>  -- Your Friendly Neighborhood Narwhals

-- Ruben